- In Rise of Civilizations, If you want to do battles, you need to have at least one Commander.
- Every commander has command has three special abilities that feature the specialty of him/her. The Talent Tree of the hero is built based on these three specialties.
- Every commander has 4 skills. You can unlock these skills by upgrading the Star of the Commander. 1⭐️ = 1 skill, 2⭐️ = 2 skills, 3⭐️ = 3 skills and so on.
- Epic and Legendary Commanders have a special 5th skill, which is called the Mastery skill. This skill strengthens one of the first 4 skills.
- To unlock the Expertise skill, you need to max the first 4 skills (to level 5).
- To upgrade the Star of a Commander, you can use specific sculptures or the general sculptures.
- You can only upgrade Star when the Commander hit the current max level cap.
Rise of Civilizations Commander List
|Julius Caesar||Leadership – Siege – Attack||Rome|
|El Cid||Archer – Versatility – Skill||Spain|
|Richard I||Infantry – Garrison – Defense||Britain|
|Cao Cao||Cavalry – Peacekeeping – Mobility||China|
|Frederick I||Leader – Conquering – Skill||Germany|
|Minamoto no Yoshitsune||Cavalry – Peacekeeping – Skill||Japan|
|Yi Seong-Gye||Archer – Garrison – Skill||Korea|
|Cleopatra VII||Integration – Gathering – Support||Other|
|Charles Martel||Infantry – Garrison – Defense||France|
|Hannibal Barca||Leadership – Conquering – Defense||Other|
|Eulji Mundeok||Infantry | Garrison | Attack||Korea|
|Lohar||Integration | Peacekeeping | Support||Other|
|Joan of Arc||Integration | Gathering | Support||France|
|Hermann||Archer | Garrison | Skill||Germany|
|Pelagius||Cavalry | Garrison |Skill||Spain|
|Sun Tzu||Infantry | Garrison | Skill||China|
|Scipio Africanus||Leadership | Conquering | Attack||Rome|
|Kusunoki Masashige||Archer |Garrison | Skill||Japan|
|Boudica||Integration | Peacekeepinng | Skill||Britain|
|Šárka||Integration | Gathering | Skill||Other|
|Lancelot||Cavalry | Versatility | Mobility||Britain|
|Tomoe Gozen||Archer | Versatility | Attack||Japan|
|Gaius Marius||Leadership | Gathering | Skill||Rome|
|Constance||Integration | Gathering | Skill||Germany|
|Markswoman||Archer | Peacekeeping | Skill||Other|
|Dragon Lancer||Archer | Peacekeeping | Skill||Other|
|City Keeper||Infantry | Versatility| Attack||Other|
|Centurion||Integration | Gathering | Attack||Other|